We stepmammas deserve a break every now and then. We need an outlet to relieve our minds of the stressors and frustrations that accompany our role as stepmother. Introducing the Zen. Jen + Zelman = Zen. This fun, flirty cocktail is fresh, delicious, low calorie and STRONG. What more can you ask for in a drink?! My husband and I crafted this concoction for our wedding a few years ago and we have been drinking it ever since. It is easy to make at home or you can order it from any bar since it calls for pretty common ingredients.
Now I know some people reflexively cringe at the word tequila but give Don Julio Blanco a try in this mixture. If it's not working for you, use vodka. That will also do the job ;)
1) Muddle cucumber and mint, each in separate bowls
2) Squeeze juice from a lime into its own bowl
3) Fill shaker with ice and pour in two shots of silver tequila
4) Add cucumber, mint and lime into the shaker and shake it up!
5) Pour contents through strainer into a chilled glass garnished with mint or cucumber
The last step of course is to sit back, relax and let yourself become zen with your freshly made Zen!